Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Supper


     I love casseroles and one dish meals.  I love them even more when I don't have to pre-cook anything! This dish turned out to be pure comfort food for me, no stress, fast, and delicious.  I could have eaten the entire casserole dish by myself.  Here's the recipe: 

  • 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken (uncooked!), broccoli, macaroni and cheese. Whisk the soup, broth, garlic powder and pepper; stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. BAke, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. 
  2. Stir; [If you are a cheese lover like me, then throw some more cheddar cheese on top for the last 25 minutes of baking, after you stir it] bake 25-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment