Thursday, November 4, 2010

Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Milk

  
     My favorite part of this picture is the plastic silverware on either side of the plate.  Yes, we washed and re-used plastic silverware while waiting for our silverware to be shipped to us from Bed Bath and Beyond.  After a few weeks of plastic silverware, it seemed rather normal to me.  But then our silverware arrived and I remembered what real forks felt like!  Anyway, I found a Brazilian Chicken recipe on allrecipes.com but only had about half of the ingredients so I adjusted it to use what I had. Below is my version of the recipe:

Brazilian Chicken

2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbl ginger
2 Tbl olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 to 1 red pepper chopped
3 tomatoes chopped
minced garlic to taste
1 can coconut milk
chopped cilantro

1.  Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to taste.  Mix cumin and chili powder and rub all sides of chicken breasts. 
2.  Heat 1 Tbl olive oil in skillet and cook chicken on medium high until no longer pink.  In separate skillet, use remaining 1 Tbl. olive oil and cook onion, green pepper, red pepper, and garlic until tender.  Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and ginger and cook for about 8 more minutes on medium heat. Add cilantro to taste in the last few minutes of cooking. 
3.  Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.  

I also served chips and guacamole on the side.  Kind of random but my husband and I LOVE chips and salsa as well as chips and guacamole.  Dinner had an excellent flavor and I can't wait until I can make this again!  Looks like I'll have to make a new breakfast sometime so I can repeat this dish in the evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment