Monday, November 22, 2010

Shrimp Alfredo


     Let me count the ways I love Shrimp Alfredo... 1) It's fast.  2) It's fancy.  3) Shrimp is good  
Feel free to add on to the list.  I love shrimp.  And I love Italian food.  And I don't always have a lot of time, so this dish suits me well.

Shrimp Alfredo  (serves 4)
3/4 lb. pasta noodles (angel hair, fettucine, or spaghetti)  
3/4 lb. cooked shrimp - peeled and deveined 
1-2 red peppers (depending on how much you love veggies!) 
1/4 onion
3/4 to 1 jar (16 oz.) alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbl dried parsley
pepper to taste 
parmesan cheese 

1.  Cook noodles according to directions. 
2.  While noodles are cooking, saute red peppers and heat shrimp in a skillet over medium heat.  When the red peppers have softened up add the onion, sauce, garlic, parsley, and pepper.  Mix well.  When heated through, combine with noodles.  
3.  Garnish with parmesan cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment