This was the best tilapia I've ever eaten. Tilapia is a pretty un-flavorful fish and I've struggled to make anything too delicious out of it. Until now. This recipe is so fast and looks great on the plate. And uh the flavor? Delish!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil. ( I just used a cookie sheet and covered it with aluminum foil)
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Sprinkle both sides of each tilapia fillet with onion powder and salt. (This is key to adding more flavor to your fish!)
4. After sprinkling fillets with onion powder and salt, dip in bread crumbs, flip and coat both sides.
5. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
And that's it. It takes like 15 minutes. And, the broiling time turned out to be PERFECT for me. Such a great way to cook fish!
And if you want some yummy rice to go with it, I got this recipe from a friend who served it to us when my husband and I went over to her place for dinner recently. It's also very simple but extremely tasty. Just cook your rice then fry it up in a pan with butter. I used quite a bit of butter but go with your own tastes. Add chopped green pepper, chopped carrot, garlic salt, and pepper to taste. Stir, frying the rice until the veggies are cooked but still have a slight crunch to them, they are perfect that way!