Thursday, February 24, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wings

     
     Please excuse my absence!  My computer was in the shop for a couple of days and then we went camping and then I forgot my camera at my parents' house and had to have it shipped to me... but have no fear, the cooking exploits have gone on, uninterrupted!  
      I was a bit intimidated by the idea of making hot wings, but this recipe is fantastic!  I found it on allrecipes and scaled it down because I found out it made 3 times as much as it said it did!  These wings have the perfect amount of kick to them (if you like them really spicy, kick up the cayenne pepper), and are easy and low-stress!  


INGREDIENTS
3 lbs. chicken wings
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. red pepper sauce (I used Frank's Hot Sauce)
1/4 c. and 2 Tbl. tomato sauce
2-1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.  Bake wings in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
3.  Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine butter, red pepper sauce, tomato sauce, chili powder and cayenne pepper.  Mix together. 
4. When wings are baked, dip in sauce to coat well (tongs work great for this, don't burn yourself!), then shake off excess and return coated wings to baking sheet (if there's tons of chicken juices and grease on your baking sheet then wash it first or else get a new clean baking sheet out).  Bake for another 15 minutes to set sauce. 

These wings are better than any I've ever eaten at a restaurant and it's great that you can bake them and get them crispy without having to deep fry them!  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment