Monday, March 14, 2011

Beef Stir Fry


     This is a quick one that is always satisfying.  I LOVE stir fry.  When I lived in Ecuador, my roommate and I made stir fry 1-2 times a week, except we made it vegetarian style because meat was so expensive.  This time, I had left over skirt steak from making fajitas that I used up.  It was a nice change to actually put steak in an asian dish since usually I am too cheap for that.  

INGREDIENTS 
Favorite stir-fry meat
1 Tbl. Red wine vinegar
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/8 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 Tbl. olive oil
Favorite bag of frozen stir fry veggies and sauce
White Rice
Soy Sauce/Teriyaki Sauce/Favorite stir-fry sauce

DIRECTIONS 
1.  Cook rice according to package directions.
2.  In a skillet over medium heat, combine red wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and olive oil.  Cook for 1 minute then add meat.  Increase heat to medium-high and cook until done. 
3.  Remove meat, you can pour out some of the juices but reserve about 1/4 c. or all to stir-fry veggies in.  Dump your bag of frozen veggies into skillet or wok and cook until done, adding packaged seasoning sauce according to package directions.   
4.  Add meat back to vegetable mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes. 
5.  Serve vegetable mixture over rice. 

[When I made this, I kind of made up the marinade for the meat, so the measurements are estimations.  Feel free to adjust according to taste.  Also, the sauce packet that came with the bag of stir fry was no nearly enough flavoring so we ended up adding soy sauce and/or teriyaki sauce to our bowls] 

No comments:

Post a Comment