Monday, March 21, 2011

Chili Dog Casserole

     You love yourself a good chili dog.  Admit it.  I actually hadn't had one in quite some time but this recipe intrigued me and with a few tweaks of my own it came out fabulous!  Even better, I'm almost positive kids will love it too.  Granted, this isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but that's why I served fresh apples on the side, it made me feel completely okay with shoveling down a chili dog - in casserole form.  This is way simple, so enjoy! 

INGREDIENTS
2 (15 oz) cans chili with beans
3 Tbl ketchup
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce 
1 tsp. mustard powder
6 hot dogs (I used turkey hotdogs) 
6 flour tortillas
cheddar cheese to taste (about 6 oz)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
  2. In a bowl, mix the chili, ketchup, mustard powder, worcestershire (by the time this year is up I might be able to spell that without looking 3 times!) sauce, and onion.  
  3. Spread half of the chili mix in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Roll up franks inside tortillas and place in baking dish, seam side down, on top of chili and bean 'bed'. Top with remaining chili and sprinkle with cheese.
  4. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment