Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sausage and Vegetable Alfredo with Noodles

  
 I FINALLY made up my own recipe!  Don't get too excited, it's not even close to gourmet.  BUT, it is tasty and simple.  If you can think of a better name for the dish, let me know.  Anyway, this week I am trying to make meals using what I already have in my cupboards and fridge, which is how this dinner came to be.  I had a half used box of noodles, half used sausage link, and a jar of alfredo sauce that's been sitting in my cupboard since I got married.  Out came this simple comfort food.  Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS 
8 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
1 Tbl olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
8 oz. rotini noodles 
1 jar Alfredo sauce 
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (corn, lima beans, green beans, peas) 
3/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
salt to taste 

DIRECTIONS
1.  In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. 
2.  Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, heat 1 Tbl olive oil and cook sliced sausage until browned.  Add garlic for the last 2-3 minutes to bring out the flavor.  
3.  About 3 minutes before the noodles are done, add the frozen vegetables.  
4.  Drain the noodles and vegetables and return to pot.  Add the alfredo sauce ( I used Ragu, which I never liked very much in college but with the seasonings I added it tasted just fine).  Stir in the sausage and seasonings.  Heat over medium heat. 
5.  Taste test and adjust seasonings to taste.  Make sure to do this.  I estimated the seasoning measurements in the recipe since when I made this I just kept shaking in the spices and tasting.

Enjoy this simple and fast comfort food!




No comments:

Post a Comment