Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yogurt Parfait


     I saw this idea on a cooking blog a few days ago and have been dying to have it since.  I don't know if it's a pregnancy craving or what, but I've thought about it constantly for the past 3 days and have been working towards getting the ingredients.  Monday I bought the yogurt.  I've never tried vanilla yogurt because I'm not a fan of vanilla ice cream but I went out on a limb knowing it just wouldn't be the same with any other flavor of yogurt.  I'm so glad I did.  I also bought strawberries Monday but we ate them all before I got the ingredients for granola.  Besides, they weren't very fresh to begin with.  So, today I went to the farmer's market, bought ingredients to make homemade granola (see previous post) and loaded up on fresh yummy looking strawberries.  Once home, I made the granola and then excitedly assembled this beauty.  
     I about died from happiness after my first bite.  Besides discovering I do in fact like vanilla yogurt, I couldn't get over how well it went with those fresh strawberries and the soft crunch of homemade granola.  I know, this isn't a novel idea.  And it's definitely not the first time I've put granola in my yogurt, but I've never combined all three.  My life has been changed.  Forever.  I can't wait to eat this every day for the next week.  Maybe longer.  Go on and make your own. Feel free to get hooked.  It's super healthy! 
INGREDIENTS (1 serving)
6 oz. vanilla yogurt
2-3 strawberries, sliced
granola 

DIRECTIONS
1.  Layer half of the yogurt then half of the strawberries, as much granola as you want, and repeat once more.  Or, if you don't care about it looking really pretty and parfait like, just pile it all in a bowl and eat up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment