Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chicken Nugget Parmesan


     A while back I bought some generic brand chicken nuggets that were on sale.  Bad idea.  They are not very good.  When I cooked them up the first time, my husband really didn't care for them.  That's an impressive feat since there are VERY few foods that would make my husband turn up his nose.  Alright, so we're chicken nugget snobs.  Deal with it.  Moral of the story:  I can't buy name brand chicken nuggets until I use up the huge bag of generic brand chicken nuggets in my freezer.  I googled ideas to use chicken nuggets in and thought this was a great idea.  It's fast.  It's good.  And it puts a smile on my husband's face rather than a frown. 

INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
12 chicken nuggets
Jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
spaghetti
mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
1.  Prepare chicken nuggets, according to package directions.  
2.  Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan boil some water and then add desired amount of spaghetti.  (I HATE trying to measure out how much spaghetti to cook!  I hope you are better at this than I am!) While spaghetti and nuggets are cooking, in a small sauce pan heat your spaghetti sauce.  
3.  When the nuggets are done, your noodles are cooked and drained, and your sauce is heated through, you're ready to assemble.  Serve up the spaghetti noodles.  Divide the chicken nuggets and place on top of the noodles.  Spoon the sauce over the noodles and nuggets.  Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.  

Serve with a salad and lick your plate clean of that tasty spaghetti sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment